Effective Date: June 1, 2021
You understand that Avalo Therapeutics is located in the United States and that any information provided by you to Avalo Therapeutics will be stored in the United States. The laws in the United States may not provide the same rights and protections to your personal information as that of other certain countries. If you do not consent to your information being stored in the United States, discontinue use of the Site.
Avalo Therapeutics collects information that may be considered personally identifiable information, that you provide to us voluntarily, or that we collect automatically from your use of the Site.
- Information You Voluntarily Provide
In most instances, use of our Site does not require that you provide any personal information. However, if you request information from us, apply for a job through our website, or contact us as made available through the website or otherwise, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information. The personal information we may voluntarily provide to us includes:
- Name and Contact Data: We collect your first and last name; mailing address; telephone number; e-mail address, and other similar contact data.
- Resume Information: we collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, such as your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
- Content (content in the messages you send, feedback you provide, or other communications with us)
- Information Collected Automatically
In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by Avalo Therapeutics when you use the Site. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, geographic location, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Site.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site.
- to provide you with information about Avalo Therapeutics’ business and related products and services.
- to process your inquiries with respect to products, services or job opportunities.
- for security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site;
- for research and analysis purposes;
- to communicate with you and fulfill any related requests.
Sharing of Information
- With Third-Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site and provide data analysis and research on the Site.
- With Our Business Partners. We share your information with other businesses with whom we have a relationship so that they can provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request, or another legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a sale of assets or change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
Avalo Therapeutics uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition, or misuse of personal information, however, we will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Site that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. We will retain your personal information for as long as we believe necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.
Links to External Websites
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Do Not Track
The Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. Do Not Track is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
Questions / Contact Us
Notification of Changes